Join Jonathan Leeming for a weekend spider and scorpion course at Telperion Private Nature Reserve on the 16th and 18th February 2018.
This arachnids course covers 4 major groups of arachnids (spiders, scorpions, amblypygids and solifugids). This course consists of morning lectures followed by practical field work within the Telperion Priviate Nature Reserve. The course begins at on Friday evening and ends on Sunday morning. Accommodation for 12 people is included into the course cost.
Telperion Private Nature Reserve is located adjacent to the Ezemvelo Game Reserve, near Bronkorspriut.
- Arrive Friday at Ezemvelo Nature Reserve gate. Drive through Ezemvelo and into Telperion Private Nature Reserve to get to Telperion House.
- Evening welcome.
- Morning lectures.
- Morning field work.
- Back at Telperion House for a swim and lunch.
- Afternoon field trip.
- Back to Telperion House.
- Evening Braai followed by a night walk in search of scorpions.
- Morning wrap up of course.
- Depart mid morning.
You are welcome to stay on the reserve for the rest of the day.
What is provided
- Accommodation for the weekend Friday night to Sunday morning) at Telperion House and The Rondaval. Telperion House sleeps 8 (1 x double, 3 x twin), linen and towels supplied. Kitchen, 2 bathrooms with bath and shower in bath. The Rondawel sleeps 6 (1 x double, 2 x twin), linen and towels supplied. Kitchen. One bathroom with bath. Shower outside.
- Swimming pool.
- Training material.
- Charcoal and fire for Saturday evenings braai.
- Lectures and certificate.
What is not included
- Meals and drinks.
- Personal items.