Date: 14th July 2019
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: R350 per person. (Earlybird special R250 before 29th June 2019). Bookings close 11th July.
Venue: Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Gauteng.
Join author, conservationist and speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings at Kloofendal Nature Reserve , Roodepoort, Gauteng on the 14th July 2019, from 9am to 1pm. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about any venomous bite or sting. This seminar will give the participants the knowledge to react competently to snake bite, spider bite, scorpion stings, bee & wasp stings, centipede bites, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates bites and stings.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
This Venomous Animal First Responder seminar is essential for:
- Field guides.
- Anti poaching teams.
- Mountain bikers.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone who has venomous animals in and around their home.