Date: 16th May 2020
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: R350 per person. (Bookings close 14th May.)
Venue: Utopia Nature Estate, Buffelspoort.
Join author, conservationist and professional speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings on the 16th May 2020, from 9am to 1pm, at Utopia Nature Estate near Buffelspoort Dam in the Northwest. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about venomous bites or stings.
During the seminar, participants will gain an understanding of the 4 principles for living and working in areas inhabited by venomous animals, and preventing the occurrence of bites or stings. This seminar will also provide the emergency response required to react competently to bites or stings from snakes, spiders, scorpions, bees & wasps, centipedes, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates. Essential knowledge for everyone who may encounter a venomous animal.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover everything you need to know to effectively respond to any kind of envenomation, including the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snakes and snakebite and responding to an emergency.
- Spiders and spiderbites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpions and scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasps, their stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipedes and centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrates and their envenomation and responding to an emergency. (Blue Bottles)
- Aquatic invertebrate and their envenomation and responding to an emergency. (Sting Ray, Lion Fish,Stone Fish)
- Emergency Response Plan.
This Venomous Animal First Responder seminar is essential for:
- Field guides.
- Anti poaching teams.
- Mountain bikers.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone who has venomous animals in and around their home.