Date: 2nd February 2019
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: R350 per person. (Earlybird special R250 before 31 December 2018)
Venue: Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Gauteng.
Join author, conservationist and speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings at Kloofendal Nature Reserve , Roodepoort, Gauteng on the 2nd February 2019, 9am to 1pm. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about any venomous bite or sting. Ideal for anyone who would like to react competently to snake bite, spider bite, scorpion stings, bee & wasp stings, centipede bites, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates bites and stings. It will equip the first responder to respond to a bite or sting effectively, and without any equipment.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- 3 Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
This Venomous Animal First Responder seminar is essential for:
- Field guides.
- Anti poaching teams.
- Mountain bikers.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone who has venomous animals in and around their home.
- Venomous animal awareness posters.
- Emergency protocols.
- Emergency response plan template.