Join author, conservationist and professional speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings on the 10th August 2019, from 9am to 1pm, at the National Botanical Gardens in Pretoria. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about venomous bites or stings.During the seminar, participants will gain an understanding of the 4 principles for living and working in areas inhabited by venomous animals, and preventing the occurrence of bites or stings. This seminar will also provide the emergency response required to react competently to bites or stings from snakes, spiders, scorpions, bees & wasps, centipedes, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates. Essential knowledge for everyone who may encounter a venomous animal.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- 4 Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
This Venomous Animal First Responder seminar is essential for:
- Field guides.
- Anti poaching teams.
- Mountain bikers.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Beach goers.
- Anyone who lives in areas inhabited by venomous animals.
- Residents of Eco-estates.