Date: 8th March 2020
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Cost: R350 per person. (Bookings close 12pm, 7th March.) Early Bird Special R250 until the 8th February 2020.
Venue: Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Gauteng.
Join author, conservationist and professional speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings on the 8th March 2020, from 9am to 1pm, at Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Roodepoort, Gauteng. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about venomous bites or stings.
During the seminar, participants will gain an understanding of the 4 principles for living and working in areas inhabited by venomous animals, and preventing the occurrence of bites or stings. This seminar will also provide the emergency response required to react competently to bites or stings from snakes, spiders, scorpions, bees & wasps, centipedes, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates. Essential knowledge for everyone who may encounter a venomous animal.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency. (Blue Bottles)
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency. (Sting Ray, Lion Fish,Stone Fish)
- Emergency Response Plan.
This Venomous Animal First Responder seminar is essential for:
- Field guides.
- Anti poaching teams.
- Mountain bikers.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone who has venomous animals in and around their home.