Date: 2011-08-11 13:04:22
Scorpions of the Central Lowveld - Free Download
Scorpions of the Central Lowveld - Free Download.
Hi Scorpion Fanatic!
I've written an 18 page document on the Scorpions of the central Lowveld. It's the product of a many visits to the area and contains photos of all the scorpions that occur there. The area is home to one of southern Africas most venomous scorpions so I've included details of what to do when stung by a scorpion and a handy contact phone number of who to contact.
This quick guide covers the following areas.
- Timbavati Private Game Reserve.
- Thornybush Private Game Reserve.
- Kapama Private Game Reserve.
- Manyeleti Private Game Reserve.
- Klaserie Private Game Reserve.
- Umbabat private Game Reserve.
- Balule Private Game Reserve.
- Central parts of the Kruger National Park.
- The adjacent areas of the central Lowveld.
It's available free from the download area of www.scorpions.co.za or by clicking on the following link:CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
The following scorpion species are included:
- Jones' Burrowing Scorpion (Cheloctonus jonesii)
- Tree Creeping Scorpion (Opistacanthus asper)
- Banded Rock Scorpion (Hadogenes bicolor)
- Shiny Burrowing Scorpion (Opistophthalmus glabrifrons)
- Three Lined Hottentotta (Hottentotta trilineatus)
- Transvaal Thick-tailed Scorpion (Parabuthus transvaalicus)
- Mozambican Thick-tailed Scorpion (Parabuthus mossambicensis)
- Carinated Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes carinatus)
- Olive Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes olivaceus)
- Two Lined Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes vitttus)
It's the beginning of something more substantial so watch this space! Pleas feel free to forward this document to whoever you feel may appreciate it.
Creepy Crawlie regards
Author Scorpions of southern Africa
Tel 082 338-4381
1 Day Spider and Scorpion Course
Jonathan Leeming is offering a course on Spiders and Scorpion at the Askari Private Game Reserve in the Magaliesberg Mountains.
Dates are as follows:
11th September 2011
1st October 2011
5th November 2011
21st January 2012
5th February 2012
A full day of lectures and practical field work in a big 5 environment. Workbooks and lots of eight legged creepy crawlies. An opportunity not to be missed!
Goto www.scorpions.co.za to download the course brochure.