Date: 2011-07-18 10:44:10
Scorpions of Sabi Sands
Scorpions of the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve Training Manual.
Hi Scorpion Fanatic!
4 years in the writing, my long awaited Scorpions of Sabi Sands training manual is printed and available now! 172 pages, over 120 photos, this milestone in scorpion appreciation and conservation contains never before published information on the scorpions that inhabit the Sabi Sands. Practical and easy to read, this training manual will appeal to the nature enthusiast, field guide and lodge. Sponsored by EcoTraining, this manual contains the following:
- Introduction to Scorpions.
- Invertebrate Ecotourism.
- What to do in case of scorpion envenomation.
- Photoguide to all scorpions in the Sabi Sands.
- Handling Scorpions.
- Photographic key.
- Quick habitat guide.
- Finding scorpions.
- Common names
Each species account contains the following:
- Specimen photo.
- Identification characteristics.
- Males and Females.
- Guest Interaction.
The following scorpion species are covered:
- Jones' Burrowing Scorpion (Cheloctonus jonesii)
- Tree Creeping Scorpion (Opistacanthus asper)
- Rock Creeping Scorpion (Opistacanthus leavipes)
- Shiny Burrowing Scorpion (Opistophthalmus glabrifrons)
- Three Lined Hottentotta (Hottentotta trilineatus)
- Transvaal Thick-tailed Scorpion (Parabuthus transvaalicus)
- Mozambican Thick-tailed Scorpion (Parabuthus mossambicensis)
- Carinated Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes carinatus)
- Olive Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes olivaceus)
- Two Lined Bark Scorpion (Uroplectes vitttus)
Cost is R285 per copy with FREE postage within South Africa if you order before the end of August 2012. To order your copy contact Jonathan on Jonathan@Scorpions.co.za Only available from Scorpion Adventures.
Creepy Crawlie regards
Author Scorpions of southern Africa
Tel 082 338-4381
Pub. date July 2011
Extent 172 pages
Postage: FREE 5 day postage in South Africa if order before the end of August 2011
Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Clearwater Mall
Branch Code: 251141
Acc Name: Scorpion
Acc No: 62217952804
Cel 082 338-4381
1 Day Spider and Scorpion Course
Jonathan Leeming is offering a course on Spiders and Scorpion at the Askari Private Game Reserve in the Magaliesberg Mountains.
Dates are as follows:
11th September 2011
1st October 2011
5th November 2011
21st January 2012
5th February 2012
A full day of lectures and practical field work in a big 5 environment. Workbooks and lots of eight legged creepy crawlies. An opportunity not to be missed!
Goto www.scorpions.co.za to download the course brochure.