Except for psychological trauma, the average spider is of little medical importance. Only medium to large spiders are capable of biting through human skin. Although we only understand the effects of the venom from a few spiders, many spider bites result in mild symptoms.
- Not all spiders can bite humans.
- Many spiders are not medically important to humans.
- Small spiders are too small to bite through human skin.
- Large spiders may bite. Symptoms are caused mainly by their large fangs penetrating the skin, with mild effects from their venom.
- Spiders only bite when threatened.
Spiders are commonly found around the house, office and in the garden however there is no reason to be afraid of them.
Arachnophobia, or the fear of spiders is one of the top 10 phobias in the world. A phobia is one of the most common mental disorders. They often develop from childhood or before the age of 30. More women are affected by phobia’s than men. Many people overcome their phobia through confrontation. About 10% of people with a phobia never overcome their condition.
[box][googlefont font=”Oswald” size=”20px” margin=”0px 0 10px 0″]Arachnophobia, or the fear of spiders is one of the top 10 mental disorders in the world. They often develop from childhood or before the age of 30, with more women affected by phobias than men.[/googlefont][/box]
[button link=”http://www.scorpions.co.za/symptoms-2/” size=”small” target=”_self” icon=”caret-square-o-right” color=”gray” lightbox=”false”]Next Page: Spider Bite Symptoms[/button]